Pony Club Mission & Guiding Principles
The United States Pony Clubs, Inc., an educational organization for youth, provides a program which teaches riding, mounted sports, and the care of horses and ponies, thereby developing responsibility, sportsmanship, moral judgment, leadership and self-cofidence.
USPC Guiding Beliefs
- USPC is an educational organization which progressively develops the well-rounded horseperson.
- The well-rounded horseperson is capable of riding safely and tactfully on the flat, over fences, and in the open.
- Knowledgeable care of horses and ponies (horse management) is basic to the well-rounded horseperson.
- USPC is committed to the well-being of the horse.
- Fair and friendly competitions develop teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Fun and friendship are part of Pony Club.
- USPC requires parental and volunteer involvement and support.
- USPC is committed to safety.
- The local club is the core of USPC.