14 April 1996 Meeting Minutes
Library Meeting Room
Meeting called to order at 8:30 a.m.
Present: Jack Hughes, Kay Martin, Terry McCain
Agenda for meeting:
We talked about the agenda items to be discussed today (from discussion and carry over from last meeting). We decided to talk about items 1 & 2 and see how far we can get with those topics. We also talked about a specifications sheet for hardware quotes--Jack will forward what he sent to In-Motion to Terry so that she can use that to send a message asking for quote from DGS. Jack will talk to Dave sometime after Monday about the Articles, and we will wait until the next meeting when we are all in attendance to discuss possible modifications the document we have now.
- Style Guide for BCCN
- Home Page Links/Structure
- What are "advanced web services" and what are "standard" services?
- Membership in BCCN (possible modification of by-laws)?
Style Guide Discussion (with graphic to explain):
a. For other organization's pages that will be linked to BCCN, we will ask them to:
b. For BCCN pages, we will:
- Include a prominent link back to BCCN primary home page on their organization's home page
- Include a contact person(s) with phone number or email address of that person on their home page
- Monitor pages to make sure that information on that organizations pages and the links to other pages meet the standards set by the BCCN Acceptable Use Policy
Home Page Links/Structure:
- Include a contact person(s) with phone number or email address of that person on all "home pages"
- Monitor pages to make sure that information on the BCCN pages and the links to other pages meet the standards set by the BCCN Acceptable Use Policy
- Include the small BCCN logo in the upper right corner of each "official" BCCN page other than the BCCN primary home page
- Include the date of last update on each page
- Include the URL on bottom of each "home page" (Library pages, School Corporation pages, Calendar pages, etc.--pages that other groups or organizations might consider to be starting points for their organization's purposes)
- Added "Arts, Leisure, Recreation, and Travel" link
- Added "Community Calendar" link
- Add "What's New" link near top of list on BCCN home page that displays a page containing the new items (from past month perhaps) added to BCCN pages
- Add "News and Weather" link that displays a page that has links to TV, radio stations, Weather Channel, Purdue Weather site, National Weather service, etc.
Agenda items for next meeting:
- Kay talked about our upcoming marketing efforts and the importance of getting those underway soon, and we decided that next meeting that we discuss our plan for marketing (with John's advice and help) and our plan for presentations to the community and businesses.
- Jack is going to check with In-Motion about fees for temporary storage space on their server for businesses web pages until we get our own server--that will allow us to possibly market our services to businesses and still meet the guidelines established by the BREMC, our host for our pages until we get our own server and T1 line installed.
- Terry gave a brief overview of the new structure for the files and directories of the BCCN web site. We discussed making the directory structure flexible enough so that several individuals could be maintaining the information on-line. We want to set up the structure so that those maintaining information could only access the files appropriate to their situation or organization.
Next Meeting: two possible dates (Jack will contact the others about their preference for one date or other):
- Article modifications for BCCN membership, etc.
- Hardware specifications and bids received
- Marketing/Presentation Plan (how we will proceed with presentations to organizations and in marketing our network)
April 22 (Monday) from 2-5 p.m.
April 23 (Tuesday) from 2-5 p.m.
[BCCN | Boone County | By-Laws | Acceptable Use Policy | Budget | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 6 November 1996/tlm
This page maintained by Terry McCain, BCCN.