"Feeding Our Future- One Child at a Time" Kick-Off Events
The Caring Center
1230 Ransdell Ct.
Lebanon, IN 46052
The recession has greatly increased the need for food and other services at The Caring Center. We are providing 25% more food in 2009 than in 2008. More than 2500 children in Boone County are on the "free and reduced" lunch program at our schools. According to recent data from the Food Research and Action Center, there are approximately 775 children in Boone county living in families earning less than the federal poverty guideline. The need is great and will continue to grow until the economy recovers. Taking that information into consideration, The Caring Center needs your help with this very important program.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
- Fundraiser Dinner served from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. - Reservations required @ $35/plate
- Location: Traders Point Christian Church at I-65 and 334, Zionsville
- Speaker - Jim Morris, former leader of the United Nations Food Organization will speak on "Youth and Hunger"
- All proceeds will benefit the children of Boone County
- MC - Judge Steve David
Friday, August 7, 2009
- Free Luncheon for Service Providers - from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Location: Senior Services, 515 Crown Pointe Drive, Lebanon
- Speaker - Bill Stanczykiewicz, President & CEO of Indiana Youth Institute will speak on "Youth and Hunger"
- Our goal is to bring awareness to the growing problem of childhood hunger in Boone County.
- MC - Mayor Huck Lewis
Saturday, August 8, 2009
- Backpack Attack - 9 a.m. to noon
- Location: The Caring Center
- Back packs/school supplies will be passed out to approximately 300 to 600 children in Boone Co.
- Special Guests: Dave Jamerson, former player for the Houston Rockets.
- A fun day for all with food, drinks, games, give-a-ways and entertainment provided.
[The Caring Center | August Community Calendar | BCCN home page]