June 1999 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
It's another exciting month in Boone County!
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
June 1999 Recurring Events
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance - meets the first Monday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at Hill's Family Mart, 103 N Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Boone County Amateur Radio Club - meets the first Thursday of every month at the Lebanon Ponderosa on St. Rd. 32 & I-65. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Our club net is on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on 147.105+ Mhz., the ARES net is at 9:00 p.m. on Mondays on 147.105+ Mhz., and the YL net is on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. also on the 147.105+ Mhz. repeater. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arc Rehabilitation Services Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Tuesday of the month at noon at the Lebanon Public Library. (Next meeting will be July 1999)
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - A Parent's Support Group for at-risk children will meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. We are dealing with children from age 3 up to 25. Please call or email (email@example.com) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Inc.
- Monthly Partner-Family Meeting - 7:00 pm on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op meeting room at 815 W. Pearl Street, Lebanon, IN 46052
- Monthly Board of Directors Meeting - 7:30 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op meeting room at 815 W. Pearl Street, Lebanon, IN 46052
- Informational Meeting of the Habitat Family Selection Committee - Open to everyone interested in applying to become a Habitat Partner Family - 7:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday of each month at Boone County REMC meeting room at 1207 Indianapolis Avenue, Lebanon, IN 46052
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m. - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Support group for the parents and loved ones of suicide victims. The group facilitator will be Sondra Turner who is a social worker and she will be assisted by Millie Barry, R.N. Both are parents who have lost sons to suicide. The group will meet the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in a Sunday School room at Centenary United Methodist Church - 910 Fordice Road in Lebanon. For more information, call 482-0277 or 482-5606.
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
June 1999 Events by Date
Back to May 1999
- Friends of the Library Book Sale at the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library in the Community Room. The book sale will begin at 9:30 am. Enter through the Community Room lobby between 9:30 and 10 am.
- 4-H Smelt Fry at Stookey's Restaurant from 5-8:30 pm in Thorntown. Profits and tips to benefit Boone County 4-H program. This event was started by the late Aaron Stookey, and his wife and children, Jon, Susan and Sheryl carry on the tradition.
- Adult, Child, & Infant CPR and First Aid Class - from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm at the Red Cross office located at 327 N. Lebanon St, Suite 103. The cost of the class is $40 which includes a textbook. Fore more information or to register for the class, please call the Red Cross at 765-482-3100.
- I-65 Antique & Flea Market - at the Boone County 4-H Grounds in the Green Commercial Building from 8am - 4pm. Inside and Outside Booth Space Available. Contact Chuck Hunt (317-769-3532) or Cheryl Williams (765-482-3667) for more information.
- Team registrations are due for 7th Annual Firecracker Classic 3-on-3 Basketball Tourney (featuring a Youngster's Tournament for 5-6 and 7-8 year olds) - at LHS sponsored by the Lebanon Educational Foundation. Interested individuals can call the LEF offices for more information at 765-482-1185.
- Mrs. Boone County Pageant - at 7 pm at the Lebanon High School.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters Steak Fry - from 5:00 - 7:30 pm at the Lebanon Memorial Park Shelter House. Dinner served by volunteers from the Lebanon High School Music Boosters features a steak dinner that includes a ribeye steak sandwich, apple sauce, baked beans, chips, a drink and dessert. Hot dog meals are also available. A bake sale will also be held by the music boosters during the steak fry. Beginning at 6:00 pm the Community Band will provide entertainment.
- Lebanon Community Choir Performance - 7:30 pm at Lebanon High School.
- 7th Annual Firecracker Classic 3-on-3 Basketball Tourney (featuring a Youngster's Tournament for 5-6 and 7-8 year olds) - 8 am at LHS sponsored by the Lebanon Educational Foundation. (Team registrations due June 16th.) Interested individuals can call the LEF offices for more information at 765-482-1185.
- Beautiful Baby Boone Contest - 9 am at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Little Miss Boone Contest - 11:30 am at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Little Boy Boone Contest - 1:30 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- St. Joseph Chicken Barbecue - starts at 4 pm at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Lebanon.
- Community Disco Mania Dance - 7 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Community Church Service "Worship in the Park" - 10:30 am at the Lebanon Memorial Park Bandstand. Reverend Laurie Hart, Senior Minister from Central Christian Church, will conduct the service. Casual attire - Come as you are and bring a lawn chair!
- Decorated Bicycle Contest - 1 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Big Wheel Race - 3 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Symphony at Sunset - 7:30 pm at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- "Fore'th" of July Jr. Golf Tournament - 8 am at the Fairway Golf Course.
- Zonta Box Supper - starts at 5 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park Shelter House.
- Preteen Almost Anything Goes Contest - 6 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Tri Kappa Ice Cream Social - starts at 5 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Teen Almost Anything Goes Contest - 6 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
- ESA Potato Bar - from 5-7 pm at the Lebanon Memorial Park Shelter House. Baked Potatoes and/or BBQ sandwich and pie. Let ESA do the cooking!
- Adult Almost Anything Goes Contest - 6 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park.
Go to July 1999
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[Community Calendar | BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 24 June 1999/tlm.
This page maintained by Terry McCain, BCCN.