July 2002 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
- Alzheimer's Support Group - Provides information and support to person's and cargivers living with Alzheimer's and demenita-related diseases. Third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Meets at the Witham Medical Office Building Community Room, 2505 N. Lebanon St., Lebanon Co-sponsored by Witham Health Services Transitions Unit, Parkwood Health Care Center, Homewood Health Campus and The Alzheimer's Association.
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance, Robert E. Hill, Commander - meets every first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at Hill's Family Mart, 103 North Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Arc Rehabilitation Services Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Better Breather's Support Group - Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria at Witham Memorial Hospital. Educational and emotional support for people living with chronic lung disease. For more information, please call 765-482-8693.
- Boone County Cardiac Support Group - Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are held in the cafeteria at Witham Memorial Hospital. Meetings are free and open to the public. For more information, please call 765-482-8693.
- Business Network International - Lebanon Chapter - meets every Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Comfort Inn in Lebanon. BNI is a networking group made up of local businesses set-up to exchange referrals. To join BNI or to attend one of their weekly meetings, please contact Joanna Howard at 765-483-1970 for more information.
- Boone County Amateur Radio Club - meets the first Thursday of every month at the Lebanon Ponderosa on St. Rd. 32 & I-65. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Our club net is on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on 147.105+ Mhz., the ARES net is at 9:00 p.m. on Mondays on 147.105+ Mhz., and the YL net is on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. also on the 147.105+ Mhz. repeater. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boone County Community Health Clinic, Affiliated with Witham Health Services - Located at the Boone County Health Department, 116 West Washington Street, Suite B202, Lebanon. The mission of the Boone County Community Clinic is to provide primary health care to Boone County residents who have limited access to health care due to the lack of financial resources or health insurance. To schedule an appointment, please call 765-482-3942. (Walk-ins are accepted.) Services based on a sliding fee scale. Clinic Hours.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Monday of the month at noon at the Boone REMC Community Room. (Next meeting will be in July 2002)
- Boone County Landmarks Preservation, Inc. - meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Lebanon Public Library. "Working to save our historic structures."
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Cancer Survivors Support Group - meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Cancer Institute (2505 N. Lebanon Street, #100). For more info contact: Marilyn Rich, R.N. 765-483-7310.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - A Parent's Support Group for at-risk children will meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. We are dealing with children from age 3 up to 25. Please call or email (email@example.com) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Diabetes Support Group - meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Witham Memorial Hospital Cafeteria (1124 N. Lebanon Street, Lebanon). Contact the Witham Marketing Department for more information at 765-482-8693.
- Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Inc.
- Family Selection Committee Meetings (where people who might qualify for a Habitat home can learn more about the process) - 6:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op, 720 West Pearl St., Lebanon, IN 46052.
- General Monthly Board Meeting - 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op. Meeting is open to the public. An executive session (closed to the public) usually follows the conclusion of the public meeting.
- Jamestown Community Lions Club meets every second and fourth Thursday at 7:30 pm at the Jamestown Pizza King - Meeting Room
- Laughter Club - meets every third Monday of the month) from 7:00 - 7:30 pm at the Witham Medical Office Building in the community room. Join Lynn Shaw, M.S.W. and Jean Kolp, R.N., certified Laughter Leaders, as they guide us through a series of giggles and guffaws that promise to help reduce stress and improve attitudes. The Laughter Club is open to all ages and there is no charge to attend. For more information, call Witham Health Serivces at 765-482-8693.
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Thorntown Public Library Events - call 765-436-7348 for more information.
- Library Board - meets 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.
- Friends of the Library - meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm. Public is welcome!
- Scrapbook Night - 4th Thursday of each month, 7-9 pm. Bring your photos, clippings, and scrapbook--spread out on our tables and start getting caught up!
- Sugar Creek Historical Society - meets last Monday of each month at 7:30 pm, meetings held at the Thorntown Public Library.
- Tri Kappa - meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at the First Baptist Church in Lebanon
- Union Township Parks and Recreation Department Board Meetings - second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at 9401 East County Rd 200 South, Zionsville Indiana.Residents of the township and public are welcome and urged to attend.
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
Events by Date
- Fourth of July Parade, "Boone County Salutes Hometown Heroes", 2:00 pm starting in Lebanon High School parking lot.
- Happy 4th of July! Fireworks displays in Boone County:
- Zionsville at Lions Park - Starts about 9 pm.
- Lebanon at Lebanon Middle School - Starts at 10 pm.
- WEBO Ireland/England Trip 2003 Student Fundraiser CAR WASH & BAKE SALE from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at Advance Auto Parts in Lebanon.
- Seven Ways to a Winner's Attitude with Mark Gibson (Author & Motivational Speaker) from 6 -8 pm at the Interactive Academy at 3795 South U.S. 421 (N. Michigan Rd). Mark's new program demonstrates how attitude is frequently more important than talent in determining long-term success in gymnastics (and life). Mark's ideas are not only for the gymnast! Bring a Friend!!
- Birth Choices Weekend Childbirth Education Class at 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Witham Maternity Center, 2505 N. Lebanon Street, Suite 208, Lebanon. This one-day childbirth education class is designed to help prepare mother and father (or other support person) for the delivery of their baby. Birth Choices is open to all expectant mothers. After your first trimester, please call 765-482-8693 to register.
- Boone County 4-H Fair!
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 23 July 2002/tlm.
This page maintained by Terry McCain, BCCN.