January 2007 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
- Autism/Asperger’s Family Support Group - meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7pm at Centenary Methodist Church (910 Fordice Road, Lebanon). This meeting is open to family members, caregivers, and educators of children with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome. For more information, please contact
- Community Bingo the 4th Tuesday of each month at Hickory Creek at Lebanon. The public is welcome. Refreshments and prizes for all. Games begin at 2:30 pm.
- Community Euchre Club every Wednesday at 2:00 pm at Hickory Creek at Lebanon. The public is welcome.
- Community Farmers' Market every Saturday Morning (indoors during the winter) at the Thorntown Heritage Museum (124 West Main Street, Thorntown) from 8:30-Noon. Open All Year - free admission. Featuring seasonal produce, baked goods, free-range meats, poultry, and fiber from farms in the area, and traditional arts and crafts of local artisans. Meet the farmers, artists, and animals who participate! Customers and vendors welcome. For more information, please contact
- GED classes from 6-8:30 pm every Monday and Wednesday evening at Lebanon High School (Room I-20). New student intake testing will be the first Monday of each month. For more information visit the Boone County Learning Network's website.
- Girl Scouts - Sterling Service Unit Leader Meeting - meets the third Monday of every month from 7-8pm at Boone REMC. Contact Shirley Behrens at 765-482-8117 for more information.
- Girl Scouts - Sterling Service Team Meeting - meetings the 1st Thursday of every month from 7-8pm at Boone REMC. Contact Shirley Behrens at 765-482-8117 for more information.
- Jamestown Community Lions Club meets every second and fourth Thursday at 7:30 pm at the Jamestown Pizza King - Meeting Room
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 am at Boone REMC Community Building in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Ramada Inn in Lebanon.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Shalom Free Lunch for Everyone - every Saturday 11 am - 1 pm at the Shalom House (304 W. Green Street, Lebanon). Everyone welcome! For information call 765-482-4358.
- Tri Kappa - meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at the First Baptist Church in Lebanon.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
Events by Date
- Parent Education and Advisory Council of Zionsville (PEACZ) Holiday Family Party from 7-9pm at the Zionsville Boys and Girls Club. You are welcome to invite another family or friend with you! Bring a dish or soft drink to share! This event is free! RSVP to Deb Easterday at 317-873-2134 or Sharon Thompson at 317-663-4503. For more information, please contact PEACZ (info@PEACZ.org or 317-663-4503).
- Healing Journeys Spiritual Life Center, Inc. third of a series of three workshops on Self, Family, and Community Healing from 9 am to 5pm at St. Francis Episcopal Church (1525 Mulberry St. Zionsville). Registration deadline is Friday, December 29. Workshops are led by Dr. Pat Sheehan, internationally known Trauma and Intimacy Specialist and Cynthia Lynn-Dierdorf, Professional Spiritual Director. Third workshop will cover reintegration to civilian life: what to expect; rediscovering yourself; your spouse, your family, & your community; and creating your plan of healing. Veterans, their families, friends, community leaders, clergy, chaplains, educators, mental health professionals, etc. are invited. Cost is $35 per person/per workshop. Workshops are FREE to veterans and their immediate families. Lunch is provided, and child care is available. For more information, please contact Healing Journeys at 765-491-5244 or visit www.healingjourneysSLC.com.
- Xavier University Concert Choir will perform at 7:30pm at St. Francis Episcopal Church (1525 Mulberry Street, Zionsville, IN). They will sing compositions by Helvey, Lauridsen, Paulus, Byrd, des Pres, Mendelssohn, and others. The Choir, under the direction of Thomas Merrill, is an auditioned ensemble consisting of music majors and minors, as well as students from all three colleges of the university. The choir maintains a busy performance schedule. Annual concerts include a fall and spring festival, Advent Lessons and Carols, Winter and/or Spring tour. The choir also hosts a semi-annual high school choral festival. The concert choir has performed with the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, The Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, The Cincinnati Museum Center's Organ series. They collaborate frequently with the Cincinnati Baroque Orchestra and have performed in concert for the Ohio Music Educators Association. A reception will follow the concert. The concert is free and open to the public; however, free will donations will be cheerfully accepted. For more information about this event, please call A. Lee Barlow, Music Director, at 317-873-4377.
- Free Seminar on How Nutritional Counseling Can Help You Lose Weight by Melinda Jones, Registered Dietitian hosted by Lebanon Sports and Fitness at 7:30pm in the Group Exercise Room. Melinda Jones received her Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition Sciences from Marian College in Indianapolis. She is certified in adult weight management and also treats clients afflicted with other medical problems such as: diabetes, heart disease, reflux, high cholesterol and hypertension. Melinda strives to educate her client on the importance of proper nutrition through eating from the five food groups, portion control, label reading and food journaling. Registration is required. You may do so by calling the club at 765-482-6992 or emailing email@example.com. Following the free seminar will be an 8-Week Weight Management Class that will include two 1-on-1 sessions with a Registered Dietitian plus 6 classes. The class is open to both members and non-members of the club.
- Free Try-It Ballroom Dance Class offered by Lebanon Sports and Fitness Center at 6:30pm AND at 7:30pm followed by a series of Beginner Ballroom and Latin dance classes beginning January 19, at 7:30pm and a Beyond the Basics class at 6:30pm taught by professional dance instructor Abby Prather. The classes will continue for six weeks, with each week featuring the basic steps of one of the world’s most popular forms of dance. Over the course of the six weeks, students can expect to learn Salsa, Tango, Foxtrot, Waltz, Swing, and the Cha Cha. Participants need not have any experience for the beginner class, but should have completed the Beginner class to participate in Beyond the Basics Class. Class size is limited in order to insure quality personal instruction. Registration is required to sign up for the FREE TRY-IT CLASS or dance classes at Lebanon Sports and Fitness, please call 765-482-6992 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also check out their website at www.lebanonfitness.net.
- Nashville recording artist Tommy Brandt in concert at 10:45am (free will offering) at the Lebanon Rock Church (504 E Elm St, Lebanon). For more info about Tommy Brandt, please visit www.tommybrandt.org.
- Power Layouts Scrapbook Workshop from 6 - 8 pm at Thorntown Public Library. Learn how to layout an entire 12x12 album in under 2 hours. The Power Layouts method allows you to complete an album all at once, or in small amounts of time, using these steps: Organize, Crop, Distribute, Mount, Journal and Enhance. Bring photos and memorabilia for an entire 12x12 album to the workshop. Instruction will be provided on album organization and page layout ideas. Don't miss this workshop to complete all of your holiday scrapbooking. The Power Layouts tool is available for purchase ($25) and workshop is free with purchase of Power Layouts tool or otherwise $5. For more information, see Creative Memories Consultant Christina Drake's website
- Emotional Factors Compounding Learning Issues Workshop by Steve Couvillion, Phd, Pediatric Clinical Neuropsychologist - the third of four Learning Differences Workshops presented by the Parent Education and Advisory Council of Zionsville (PEACZ) at 7 pm at the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Libary. Suggested donation: 1 Session - $15 per person/$25 couple per session; 4 Sessions - $50 per person/ $75 couple. Early registration $5 discount if register by November 10. For more information or to register, please contact PEACZ (info@PEACZ.org or 317-663-4503).
- "Night at the Library" hosted by the The Heritage Center at the Lebanon Public Library from 6-9 pm. The library closes at 6pm but the Heritage Center will remain open for genealogy research. Computers will be available and the Sugar Bowl will be open. Make this the year to put some leaves on your family tree! For more information, please contact Jamey Hickson at 765-482-3460.
- Free workshop from Inward Quest at 7 pm, at the Broad Ripple Donatos Pizza, 2357 E. 62nd St. (62nd and Keystone). In your relationships, your interactions with others, or your search for success, do you find the same issues cropping up over and over again? Have you found yourself thinking, "Haven't I been here before? And didn't I promise myself that things would be different this time?" Learn why you get in the spin cycle, and how to get out and find your true mission in life! For more information or to register, visit http://iq.achievegrowth.org/freeworkshop.html or call 317-225-5454!
- Free workshop from Inward Quest at 7 pm at the Shadeland Donatos Pizza, 7460 N. Shadeland (75th and Shadeland). In your relationships, your interactions with others, or your search for success, do you find the same issues cropping up over and over again? Have you found yourself thinking, "Haven't I been here before? And didn't I promise myself that things would be different this time?" Learn why you get in the spin cycle, and how to get out and find your true mission in life! For more information or to register, visit http://iq.achievegrowth.org/freeworkshop.html or call 317-225-5454!
- Friends of Boone County Trails Meeting at 6:30 pm tentatively scheduled in the Lebanon Library Meeting Room (same place as the November meeting in the lower level of the library). As always we'll bring everyone up to speed on the happenings of Farm Heritage Trail. Also, we'll have Becky Lowry and Kelly Thompson Mitchell as guest speakers for the evening. These two ladies will talk about their experiences in developing the national award-winning River Bluff Trail located in Logansport. This is a good opportunity to hear about other trail efforts, so please plan on joining us and don't forget to bring a friend to this very informative meeting! For more info, please visit the Friends of Boone County Trails website.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 16 January 2007/tlm.
This page maintained by