January 2003 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
||[Recurring Events | Events by Date]
Click on date on calendar at left
to view activities for that date
- Alzheimer's Support Group - Provides information and support to person's and cargivers living with Alzheimer's and demenita-related diseases. Third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Meets at the Witham Administration Building, 1122 N. Lebanon Street, Lebanon. Co-sponsored by Witham Health Services Transitions Unit, Parkwood Health Care Center, Homewood Health Campus and The Alzheimer's Association.
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance, Robert E. Hill, Commander - meets every first Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at Hill's Family Mart, 103 North Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Arc Rehabilitation Services Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Better Breather's Support Group - Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria at Witham Memorial Hospital. Educational and emotional support for people living with chronic lung disease. For more information, please call 765-482-8693.
- Boone County Cardiac Support Group - Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are held in the cafeteria at Witham Memorial Hospital. Meetings are free and open to the public. For more information, please call 765-482-8693.
- Business Network International - Lebanon Chapter - meets every Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Comfort Inn in Lebanon. BNI is a networking group made up of local businesses set-up to exchange referrals. To join BNI or to attend one of their weekly meetings, please contact Joanna Howard at 765-483-1970 for more information.
- Boone County Amateur Radio Club - meets the first Thursday of every month at the Lebanon Ponderosa on St. Rd. 32 & I-65. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Our club net is on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on 147.105+ Mhz., the ARES net is at 9:00 p.m. on Mondays on 147.105+ Mhz., and the YL net is on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. also on the 147.105+ Mhz. repeater. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boone County Community Health Clinic, Affiliated with Witham Health Services - Located at the Boone County Health Department, 116 West Washington Street, Suite B202, Lebanon. The mission of the Boone County Community Clinic is to provide primary health care to Boone County residents who have limited access to health care due to the lack of financial resources or health insurance. To schedule an appointment, please call 765-482-3942. (Walk-ins are accepted.) Services based on a sliding fee scale. Clinic Hours.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Monday of the month at noon at the Boone REMC Community Room. (Next meeting will be in May 2002)
- Boone County Landmarks Preservation, Inc. - meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Lebanon Public Library. "Working to save our historic structures."
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Cancer Survivors Support Group - meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Cancer Institute (2505 N. Lebanon Street, #100). For more info contact: Marilyn Rich, R.N. 765-483-7310.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - This is for parents of troubled children of all ages. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month (no meeting in June, July, and August) at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church (in Lebanon) in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. Many concerns included - such as mood disorders, behavior issues, substance abuse, etc. Please call or email (email@example.com) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Diabetes Support Group - meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Witham Memorial Hospital Cafeteria (1124 N. Lebanon Street, Lebanon). Contact the Witham Marketing Department for more information at 765-482-8693.
- Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Inc.
- Family Selection Committee Meetings (where people who might qualify for a Habitat home can learn more about the process) - meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the 111 West North St. office.
- General Monthly Board Meeting - meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the 111 West North St. office.
- Jamestown Community Lions Club meets every second and fourth Thursday at 7:30 pm at the Jamestown Pizza King - Meeting Room
- Laughter Club - meets every third Monday of the month) from 7:00 - 7:30 pm at the Witham Medical Office Building in the community room. Join Lynn Shaw, M.S.W. and Jean Kolp, R.N., certified Laughter Leaders, as they guide us through a series of giggles and guffaws that promise to help reduce stress and improve attitudes. The Laughter Club is open to all ages and there is no charge to attend. For more information, call Witham Health Serivces at 765-482-8693.
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Thorntown Public Library Events - call 765-436-7348 for more information.
- Library Board - meets 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.
- Friends of the Library - meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm. Public is welcome!
- Scrapbook Night - 4th Thursday of each month, 7-9 pm. Bring your photos, clippings, and scrapbook--spread out on our tables and start getting caught up!
- Sugar Creek Historical Society - meets last Monday of each month at 7:30 pm, meetings held at the Thorntown Public Library.
- Tri Kappa - meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at the First Baptist Church in Lebanon
- Union Township Parks and Recreation Department Board Meetings - second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at 9401 East County Rd 200 South, Zionsville Indiana.Residents of the township and public are welcome and urged to attend.
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
Events by Date
- Denver and the Mile High Orchestra Christian Concert sponsored by the Thorntown Christian Church. Concert starts at 7:30 pm (doors open at 6:45 pm) at Western Boone High School Auditorium. This is a group of 12 young men who are extremely talented, highly energetic and lift their music up with a faith that is awesome. They play swing, jazz, R&B, mambo and rock-a-billy. An evening not to be missed and will be remembered for a life time. Ticket information: $15 VIP, $10 general and $8 for students (ID required for discount). Tickets are available at Alexander Century 21, Gennaro and Lamar Insurance, Maranatha Christian Bookstore and Cynthia's in Thorntown. A reception will follow along with meeting the band members. For more information, contact: Debbie Summers at 765-436-7154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors Meeting at the Boone REMC Meeting Room at noon. Bring a sack lunch and join us!
- The Boone County Step Ahead General Council will meet at 12 pm at the Lebanon Public Libary in the downstairs meeting room. Kay Martin will be giving a presentation on the plans for expansion of the Library. The public is invited to attend.
- Lebanon Youth Soccer Association (LYSA) spring soccer season signups for boys and girls ages 5 through 14 (signups also on February 1 and February 8). Teams will consist of U7, U10, U12 and U14. Kids from Boone County may sign up in Lebanon at the Boys and Girls Club (9:00 am - 2:30 pm) or Farmers Bank (9:00 am - 12:00 pm). Questions call Chuck Dailey (765-482-9599), Taffy Day (765-482-1979) or Mike May (765-482-5939).
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
This page maintained by , BCCN.