February 2000 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
It's another exciting month in Boone County!
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
S M Tu W Th F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29
February 2000 Recurring Events
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance - meets the first Monday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at Hill's Family Mart, 103 N Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Better Breather's Support Group - Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria at Witham Memorial Hospital. Educational and emotional support for people living with chronic lung disease. For more information, please call 765-482-8693.
- Business Network International - Lebanon Chapter - meets every Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Comfort Inn in Lebanon. BNI is a networking group made up of local businesses set-up to exchange referrals. To join BNI or to attend one of their weekly meetings, please contact Joanna Howard at 765-483-1970 for more information.
- Boone County Amateur Radio Club - meets the first Thursday of every month at the Lebanon Ponderosa on St. Rd. 32 & I-65. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Our club net is on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on 147.105+ Mhz., the ARES net is at 9:00 p.m. on Mondays on 147.105+ Mhz., and the YL net is on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. also on the 147.105+ Mhz. repeater. Email: email@example.com
- Arc Rehabilitation Services Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Tuesday of the month at noon at the Lebanon Public Library. (Next meeting will be in March 2000)
- Boone County Landmarks Preservation, Inc. - meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Lebanon Public Library. "Working to save our historic structures."
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - A Parent's Support Group for at-risk children will meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. We are dealing with children from age 3 up to 25. Please call or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Inc.
- Monthly Partner-Family Meeting - 7:00 pm on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op meeting room at 815 W. Pearl Street, Lebanon, IN 46052
- Monthly Board of Directors Meeting - 7:30 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op meeting room at 815 W. Pearl Street, Lebanon, IN 46052
- Informational Meeting of the Habitat Family Selection Committee - Open to everyone interested in applying to become a Habitat Partner Family - 7:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday of each month at Boone County REMC meeting room at 1207 Indianapolis Avenue, Lebanon, IN 46052
- Jamestown Community Lions Club meets every second and fourth Thursday at 7:30 pm at the Jamestown Pizza King - Meeting Room
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m. - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Support group for the parents and loved ones of suicide victims. The group facilitator will be Sondra Turner who is a social worker and she will be assisted by Millie Barry, R.N. Both are parents who have lost sons to suicide. The group will meet the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in a Sunday School room at Centenary United Methodist Church - 910 Fordice Road in Lebanon. For more information, call 482-0277 or 482-5606.
- Thorntown Public Library Events - call 765-436-7348 for more information.
- Library Board - meets 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.
- Friends of the Library - meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm. Public is welcome!
- Mystery Coffee Chat - meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Needlework Tea - 3rd Tuesday of each month - 2-3:00 p.m. - Come and help with the quilt on display in the Adult Department or bring your on needlework and spend time with others that enjoy needlework.
- Scrapbook Night - 4th Thursday of each month, 7-9 pm. Bring your photos, clippings, and scrapbook--spread out on our tables and start getting caught up!
- Sugar Creek Historical Society - meets 4th Monday at 7:30 pm, meetings held at the Thorntown Public Library.
- Thorntown History Worms - meet 1st Tuesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library. All students in 4-6 grades are welcome to come. The History Worms are a chapter of the Indiana Jr. Historical Society.
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
February 2000 Events by Date
- Perry-Worth Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization Roundtable Meeting - 7 pm in the Killdeer Room at Perry-Worth. For more information call 317-769-5608.
- Sewing Seminar, sponsored by the Boone County Extension Homemakers, from 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at the Fairgrounds Community Building. Cost: $20.00. Forms available at the Extension Office. Deadline for registration: Feb. 7th.
- The American Red Cross/Boone County Service Center will be offering CPR and First Aid classes. If you are in need of certification in CPR, First Aid, or PDT, please give the Red Cross office a call at 765-482-3100 for details and cost.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 26 February 2000/tlm.
This page maintained by Terry McCain, BCCN.