1. The special budget meeting was called to order at 4:01 p.m. by President Tom Whitsitt. All members were present with the exception of Ron Morelock.
2. President Tom Whitsitt’s statement that the Executive Session of August 25th had included only discussions as advertised per Indiana Code was approved after a motion by Mike Burns was seconded by Ruth Lucas.
3. During a brief discussion of new business, it was announced that Kay Martin had accepted the Board’s offer to become Interim Director of the Library for an indefinite length of time, and had begun these duties on September 1st.
4. Increase in salary from $9.00 to $10.00 per hour for Chrissy Johnson, and from $7.00 to $7.50 for Maggie Waltman - both of whom will accept more responsibilities in the Children’s Department during this interim period - were unanimously approved after a motion from Sharon Wood was seconded by Marsha Truitt.
5. The 2000 budget was then reviewed in detail and unanimously approved after a motion from Ruth Lucas was seconded by Jane Myers.
6. The meeting was adjourned with a reminder that our next regular meeting will be held at 4:00 p. m. September 22, 1999.
Mike Burns, Secretary Tom Whitsitt, President