|Information for and about Boone County, Indiana
Boone County Community Network
|Weather - Advance, Jamestown, Lebanon, Thorntown, Whitestown, Zionsville, or Boone County Weather from NOAA or Boone County Ag Weather Forecast or Indianapolis Office of the National Weather Service|
* Saturday, August 27, 2016 - Boone County Solid Waste Management District Fall Recycling Collection Day from 9am - 2pm at Zionsville Town Hall (1100 West Oak Street, Zionsville). Recycle household hazardous waste, electronics and tires. Visit the BCSWMD website for more information on what is accepted.
* Monday, August 29, 2016 - 8th Annual Zionsville Fire Department (ZFD) Memorial Golf Outing at Golf Club of Indiana (6905 South 525 East, Lebanon IN). Benefitting projects including the ZVFD Larry K. Rust Memorial Scholarship Fund, Hoosier Burn Camp & ZVFD Bereavement Fund. Breakfast: 8:30am - 10am featuring Patricks; Registration 8:30am; Siren Start 10am; Lunch and Awards Afterwards. Golf Entry is $90 Per Player for 18 Holes (EARLY BIRD DEADLINE - July 15th for $10 discount). Registration available at Zionsville Fire Department (1100 W. Oak Street, Zionsville) Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm. CALL: 873-5358. Credit/debit cards accepted for a small fee. Checks payable to ZFD Support Services. ZFD Golf Outing Flyer (PDF).
* Friday-Sunday, September 9-11, 2016 - Zionsville Lions Club Fall Festival at Lions Park in Zionsville. This year’s theme is “Back to the 80s.” Parade, car show, local entertainment and performances, food, carnival rides, kids corner bounce houses, and vendors that include arts and crafts, commercial, kids and pets. For more information, visit the the Zionsville Lions Club website.
* Thursday, September 15, 2016 - Boone County Senior Services, Inc. Theater Thursdays, "The Age of Adaline." Special movies just for those age 60 and over for only $1.00. Times: 9 am - Breakfast snack, 9:30 am movie. Enjoy the fellowship and fun every 3rd Thursday of the month. Transportation available upon request. Sponsored by: Clinton House Health and Rehabilitation, Excel Home Healthcare, and Guardian Angel Hospice. Contact Boone County Senior Services, Inc. for more information.
* Friday and Saturday, September 16, 17, 2016 - Back to the Ffities Festival on the Square in Lebanon.
* Saturday, September 17, 2016 - Whitestown Brew Fest from 2-5 pm (VIP entry from 1-2 pm) at the Whitestown Muncipal Complex (6210 S. County Road East, Whitestown). VIP Tickets will be available for $55, with General Admission tickets costing $35. Designated Drivers will be admitted FREE upon ID check courtesy of State Farm Insurance. This event features approximately 40 - 50 Indiana breweries. Food will be available for purchase from multiple, local food vendors. Visit Whitestown Brew Fest for more information.
* Friday, Saturday, Sunday, September 23, 24, 24, 2016 - Festival of the the Turning Leaves in Thorntown.
* Saturday and Sunday, September 24 and 25, 2016 - Lincoln's Lebanon and Civil War Re-Enactment sponsored by the Boone County Historical Society from 8 am to 4 pm at Lebanon Memorial Park. Family-Friendly and Admission Free! Enjoy live public addresses by President Lincoln as portrayed by Randy Duncan. The event is a two day festival featuring a wide range of activities, dedicated to the spirit of the mid 1800s. Events include a visit from one of America's most beloved presidents, live Civil War battles and encampments, pioneer demonstrations, vendors, music, and much more!
* Saturday, September 24, 2016 - Boone County Senior Health and Wellness Expo from 9 am to noon at the Boone County Fairgrounds. FREE for all attendees. The focus of the event will be to provide knowledge of health care and quality of life for current and future older adults, as well as their adult children, family members and other supporters or caregivers. Attendees will have the opportunity to particpate in the flu shot clinic and health screenings, visit more than 50 vendors, enjoy a variety of entertainment on the Expo stage, participate in the Passport to Health program and enjoy the hospitality area. Visit http://www.booneseniors.org/boone-county-senior-expo.html for more information.
* Thursday, October 20, 2016 - Boone County Senior Services, Inc. Theater Thursdays, "Love the Coopers." Special movies just for those age 60 and over for only $1.00. Times: 9 am - Breakfast snack, 9:30 am movie. Enjoy the fellowship and fun every 3rd Thursday of the month. Transportation available upon request. Sponsored by: Clinton House Health and Rehabilitation, Excel Home Healthcare, and Guardian Angel Hospice. Contact Boone County Senior Services, Inc. for more information.
Boone County Resource Guide - Tenth Edition, 2016 - Information on Child Care, Family Support Services, Legal Services and More!
Visit Indiana - Indiana's official travel planning resource - events and festivals, attractions, outdoor recreation, restaurants, shopping and more!
Learn More Resource Center - Indiana’s Pre-K to College Connection, supports and encourages lifelong learning for all Indiana citizens. Up-to-date materials, helpful checklists and other valuable resources and tools provide parents, students, school counselors and others with information about every aspect of education from early learning to K-12 to college to career.
This site last updated: 22 August 2016/tlm.
This page maintained by from BCCN.
Address for BCCN: http://ibccn.org/ or http://bccn.boone.in.us/